Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Has Sprung!

Or, at least it is in the process of springing. Yesterday got up to 70 and was bright and sunny, so we had lunch outside and I got my first sunburn of the year. It would have been the perfect day to watch for baby prairie-dogs in the field behind the office, but there may be a delay with that. You see there were workmen last week digging a trench through the prairie-dog town with a backhoe, and yesterday they were laying some kind of line. Like a phone line or T1 or something. It was hard to tell what exactly. But the good news is that I didn't see any sign that any prairie dogs were hurt or killed. They probably just moved to the part of their town in the field across the fence when they heard the noise. (They had expanded their town considerably last summer, and there were lots of holes quite a distance from where the workmen were digging.) Nonetheless, I do miss watching the little fuzzy heads popping up from the holes. And it's just the right weather to watch for babies, too. But there are baby sheep and goats in a field on my way to work, and I think in another couple weeks they'll put horses and cows back in the field by the office. With any luck, there will be baby ones to observe frolicking about. Today's not as pretty as yesterday. Clouds are gathering and it feels like it may rain. Yet another sign of spring! Although I'm not a big fan of rain. I can't wait until summer! Endless sunny and warm days where I can leave my windows open all day! Until then, I think I'll work more on my sweater so I can wear it at least once this season. All my parts are dry, so I can finish stitching the sleeves together and figure out the neck part.

No comments: