Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Moment of Truth...

...is near!

Ok, so this is not going to be an exciting post about a hotly-contested, long jury trial and a verdict that takes forever. What it is about is that I finished knitting all my sweater-parts! A back, and a front, and 2 sleeves.


Sleeve #1:



Sleeve #2: (The picture is at a weird angle, but the sleeve looks just like the other one...)



Front and back:
I am currently engaged in the excruciating process of waiting for the various parts to dry after blocking them. Only then will I be able to sew the sleeves to the front and back and see if they fit together properly. Only then will I know for sure whether I will come out with an actual article of clothing able to be worn in public or a fuzzy, oddly-shaped, small type of blanket. I did do all the stuff I'm supposed to: I measured lots, looked at the schematics (which included fewer than optimal details), patted, prodded, matched things up, and more. So I am fairly confident that it will come out right, in spite of the poor directions. In addition to some simple printing errors where measurements are concerned, the schematics were not very detailed and left out some important dimensions. Such as, it says how wide the front and back are supposed to be at the bottom, but not how wide at the widest point. Nevertheless, I, the eternal optimist, am looking forward to having the collar well along this weekend, and I may even get to wear it a couple times before the weather changes to actual spring. In the meantime, I shall patiently (or not so patiently) wait for my parts to dry, and imagine it all fitting together perfectly! Supplemented, of course, by frequent visits to test whether they are any dryer than they were 5 minutes ago.

4 comments:

mozartmovement said...

Oh, I love it! Not just the project, though that looks great, but your descriptions! Who would've thunk.Can't wait for the final chapter...

Ruth said...

I'm glad you like it! I'm now going to finish stitching and see if I can figure out about the neck.

Sircellan said...

Don't forget to post a picture of you in the final project (success or not) :-)

Ruth said...

I promise!