Saturday, March 17, 2007

My Accomplishment

Well, I am all stitched and weaved-in, and lo and behold! My sweater looks more or less as it should!




As compared with:



There seem to be a few bobbles here and there, but it is able to be worn in public! Not bad for a first effort, if I do say so myself. Well, a first effort in 23 years or so. It's so much fun to start something and actually be able to finish it! And since I have two skeins of yarn left, I think I may do a matching scarf or something. I realize it's a little backward to do a sweater as a first project and then a scarf after, but that's just sort of what happened. Yay, me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty identical! Fantastic work!

Jeanine said...

Yeah, you, indeed! Congrats!

Ruth said...

Thank you all!

Sircellan said...

MUCH nicer color than the orange. Looks great and nice and snuggly. Not to mention we've now got this lovely breeze coming down from the North Sea and it has dumped random snow on us (not sticking though.. too warm here for that) and shot us all through with freezing gales of wind. Makes me want one of those sweaters about now. And to think that last week we had the heating off and drug out the tshirts!

Why not tackle the sweater before the scarf?

Jana Swartwood said...

Look at you! Yay! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, you, indeed! Great job!--and you finished your sweater before I finished my baby blanket (as you may or may not recall, I started the same week)...