Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Knitting Update

And so, my trip to the yarn shop was a complete success! I got bunches of cuddly blue yarn to make a sweater with. A nice easy one, with minimal complications. Below is my goal, except that it won't be orange:


I got some needles made of bamboo, and lo and behold, they're actually the right size! My mother always used aluminum ones, but they only had bamboo at the store. I think I like the bamboo ones better anyway. They're not so cold and slippery. I tested the gauge (how many stitches to an inch) last night, and I was right on target. That is, after the first couple rows where I was trying to remember how all this works. The only thing I had to ask MD for help with was the beginning part, where you put the stitches on the needles (casting on). She was even impressed at my speed and even-ness! I was so excited that I did 6 rows last night, and I think I'll do more while the Superbowl is on. I think this is going to be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a knitting addict and I get so excited when I sense another convert in my midst....welcome new potential addictee.

mozartmovement said...

OOOOH, looks cozy!!!!!!!!Happy rows to you...