Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Blahs Have Passed

I guess the main reason I hadn't been posting much for the past month or two was that I couldn't find anything that exciting to write about. Has anyone had that feeling that everything you do you've already done hundreds of times before? Well, that's kind of what I felt like. I was bored. I was getting bunches of DWI and drug cases, with a few burglaries thrown in, but there was nothing exciting to do with them. Even the ones that went to trial were boring. I thought if I heard, "but the drugs weren't mine," or "I wasn't really drunk," one more time I was going to throw something at whoever said it. I'd gotten to the point I was just tuning out my clients who called me to complain that they needed to get out of jail because their mother was ill, or they had to support their families, or they were going to miss their kid's birthday. I just couldn't escape the feeling that I was doing the same things and having the same conversations over and over and over again. It was getting to the point I couldn't work up the energy to do the simplest tasks. I didn't want to file my files, speak with clients, or write the simplest motions that take all of 3 minutes. This, of course, made me feel like I wasn't doing my job well and made me more discouraged and frustrated.

Thank God for vacations!

It turns out that all I really needed was some time away from here with my family and some R & R. I didn't have to think about my clients, or the law, or anything at all for an entire week. Just what the doctor ordered! I've been back at work for two weeks now, and have been quite productive. I've been preparing my cases in a timely manner for trial, returning my clients' phone calls, and my desk is so clean that one of my co-workers was worried that I had quit. And I even got a great new toy for my birthday. My parents gave me a digital camera, so I can post pictures!


This is Bo. Bo, this is the blogosphere. He's in his favorite spot in front of the window. He's a sixteen-year-old chow-shepherd cross, and my best buddy. Ain't life grand?

1 comment:

Sircellan said...

Bo! What a great dog. Kids are no substitute for a dog, let me tell you. Of course, I've not yet found places to rent that will accept pets, though in my experience, they're more clean than kids. Glad the blah's have passed. I think they came my direction as I seem to be stuck on writing an essay (a mere 1500 words) about globalization and its effects on culture (who 'wins' and who 'loses'). Blech.