Saturday, September 01, 2007

A New Addition

Everyone, meet Betsy!


She's about 6 or 8 weeks old, I think. German Shepherd mixed with at least one other breed. Maybe some rott. After a busy day of riding in a car, going to the pet supply store, and investigating my house, she's now sound asleep on my bathroom floor. How could anyone resist that face?


She was pretty shy at first, but after the initial shock, she started doing regular puppy things like playing with chew toys and stuff. It was impossible to get her to sit still for a picture, but after chasing her around with the camera for a half-hour, I got a couple decent ones. And she likes me, too. She's been following me around since we got here.


I've never had a puppy before, so I hope I do a good job with the training and stuff. She's obviously not potty-trained yet. She's been at the animal shelter her entire life. But I get the general idea, and bought a crate and everything. Bo never was trained to use a crate, so it seemed silly to start when he was 8 years old.


I'll say this, though: There's nothing that can cheer a person up better than a happy, boundy, fat-tummied puppy!

5 comments:

mozartmovement said...

Congrats on the "new baby!" She sure looks like a sweetie, and "a good fit."

Jeanine said...

Can't wait to meet your new buddy! And I'm sure you'll be a good trainer, especially now that you're starting from scratch.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! How great it is to come home after a frustrating day and be greeted by a cute, loving doggy.

Jeanine said...

Ahem, Ahem! You promised me more pictures! How can I possibly live vicariously through you if I don't have pictures? :)

Ruth said...

More pictures are coming! Betsy ate my phone jack when I thought she was asleep, so I have to wait for a new one before I have internet at home. You must wait for the pre- and post-bath pics!